The job description of a brand ambassador is that of a specialized marketing representative for a specific brand developed, manufactured and distributed by a company. The ambassador is required to spend many hours working with the general public.
The regular tasks of a brand ambassador involve providing information about the brand, product or service, generating sales opportunities and working to build customer preference for the brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Brand Ambassador
- Promotes brand names, products and services.
- Represents the company in a positive way.
- Builds line sales volumes.
- Interacts with customers and sales prospects.
- Works with other team members.
- Works with business partners.
- Communicates with the media.
- Performs other marketing duties relevant to promoting the brand.
- Generates public interest in the brand.
- Provides complete information about the brand.
- Asks prospective customers questions about food and skin allergies before introducing the product for consumption or application to the skin.
- Answers questions about the brand.
- Assists managers with the implementation of marketing campaigns.
- Provides information to the company on sales opportunities in a particular community.
- Demonstrates how a product works.
- Gives out free samples of the product to the public.
- Models clothing for apparel brands.
- Meets department and event sales goals.
- Shares ideas with supervisors regarding new ways to market the brand.
- Establishes regular customers.
- Maintains a customer database and makes regular contacts.
- Trains newly hired ambassadors.
- Sets up and breaks down displays of the brand.
- Keeps selling environment neat and clean, particularly when working with food products.
- Tracks and restocks inventory.
- Attends sales and marketing meetings.
- Provides customer feedback regarding the brand to sales managers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be well-groomed.
- Must have a license to serve alcohol where applicable.
- Must be outgoing, energetic and able to work with the public.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must have leadership skills.
- Retail sales experience is necessary.
- Must be able to read and comprehend sales reports.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to work well with others to accomplish team goals.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field.
- Job training program specific to the brand.
- Must be willing to travel to conventions and trade shows.
- Must be willing to handle promotions at nightclubs and bars.
- Must be willing to work at public venues and major events where there a large crowds of people.
- Must be willing to work in public places that serve many customers such as grocery stores and shopping malls.
- Must be able and willing to lift heavy merchandise.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which can include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to appear in pictures in magazines, newspapers and on television programs promoting the brand.
- Salaries range from $16,000 to $40,000.
- The average salary is $22,000.
- Hourly wages average $11.88 per hour.