Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:
Express your interest in the position and state that you resume is enclosed for review. Also briefly explain that your experience and qualifications make you the ideal candidate for the job.
Briefly list the requirements of the company if they were stated in the ad, followed by the qualifications you possess that match those requirements. This may be done using bulleted lists as below:
• Exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Responsible for evening customer service staff, capable of addressing, managing and resolving problems
• Two years previous experience
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Capable of managing customer service department while problem solving and addressing any customer issues or complaints
• Worked for 3 years in customer service management
Express to the recipient that you appreciate their time in reviewing your credentials and your resume, and thank them for considering your for the job.
Your Typed Name
As you can see, a cover letter like the one above will quickly demonstrate to the recipient your experience, skills and abilities without going in to too much detail.
Check your cover letter for spelling and grammar errors, and edit if necessary. A well-written document describing how your skills relate directly to the position will entice a potential employer to go on and read your resume, putting you at the top of the list of likely job candidates.