16105 20th Avenue Ct E
Picayune, MS 39466
Job Objective Seeking to obtain an Associate Accountant position with an organization where I can utilize my accounting skills and be an asset to the employer.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- In depth knowledge of securities markets, language and products legal and regulatory requirements
- Solid understanding of operational functions within both custody and fund accounting
- Ability to conduct basic accounting research and to identify issues
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and attention to detail skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, & multi-tasking
- Trustworthy individual with strong ethics and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Access, and data manipulation
Associate Accountant, August 2005 – Present
FPL Group, Picayune, MS
- Reviewed online bank accounts for cash receipts on a daily basis.
- Administered post cash receipts, computing charges and reviewed monthly tenant statements.
- Ensured to enter payable invoices and reviews and mail printed checks with appropriate remittance advices.
- Administered a senior role in the accounts receivable, accounts payable function within the property.
- Assisted with preparation of monthly operating statements; and operating expense and tax settlements.
- Assisted with the annual budget process, revenue and settlement portions and upload data entry to the system.
Associate Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
CB Richard Ellis, Inc., Picayune, MS
- Reconciled bank statements, credit card transactions, and safe fund balances using automated systems.
- Prepared journal entries to bank charges, cash transfers, credit card fees and others as assigned.
- Maintained relationships with back and credit card vendors; and resolved cash and credit card issues with the banks and retail stores.
- Created analytical schedules supporting various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Maintained knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, SEC requirements, and relevant accounting regulations.
- Ensured that all assigned asset, liability, and inter-company accounts balance before the end of the month.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated