8750 Carmel Valley Rd
Poway, CA 92064
Job Objective To obtain a Cash Accountant position and utilize my experience and skills for the successful completion of each job task.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- A great deal of experience in accounting and cash reconciliation
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and analysis and cash management
- Proficient with electronic treasury management systems, MS Excel , Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft access
- Sound knowledge of basic banking and cash management practices
- Remarkable ability to handle large amounts of currency
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction
Cash Accountant, August 2005 â€“ Present
Gypsum Express Ltd, Poway, CA
- Assisted the Cash Management with the daily monitoring, research, clearing and computing credit card receipts.
- Balanced and calculated daily credit card cash and postings.
- Coordinated directly with Cash Management to resolve credit card issues and track refunds.
- Maintained orderly and accurate accounting records.
- Maintained schedules and financial support for yearly audits.
- Assigned to develop and modify accounting systems.
Cash Accountant, May 2000 â€“ July 2005
TechniGraphics, Inc., Poway, CA
- Ensured to receive all bank statements and credit card reports.
- Prepared monthly adjusting journal entries to record interest income, bank fees, recurring ACH credits, outgoing wire transfers, auto-pays, returned checks, credit card discount fees and charge-backs.
- Reviewed monthly bank listings of issued, paid, and voided accounts payable checks to insure the accuracy of outstanding issues.
- Resolved discrepancies between recorded accounts payable transactions and the bank listing.
- Reconciled multiple general ledger deposits and credit card accounts to statement listings by matching each amount.
- Prepared a listing of in-transit items by date and amount individually and resolved discrepancies by interfacing with program staff or others as necessary.
- Reconcile the general ledger cash clearing account for returned checks.
Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Finance, Ashford University, Clinton, IA