323 Percival Rd, Apt F
Shirley, NY 11967
Job Objective To obtain a Company Accountant position and to contribute to the success and reputation of the company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant with experience in Manufacturing, costing and utility accounting
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- Remarkable ability to review and verify accuracy of data
- Immense knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Great ability to reconcile accounts, records, reports and journals
- Excellent Analytical and Problem solving Skills
- Ability to make sound decisions, and accurate judgment in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of PC Applications ( Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Trustworthy individual with strong ethics and integrity
Company Accountant, August 2005 – Present
Caterpillar Inc., Shirley, NY
- Maintained fixed asset register, capital expenditure, monthly reconciliation of stock accounts and the weekly & monthly stock reporting adhering to corporate authorization guidelines.
- Notified organization about problems in resource operation, tax policies and budget forecasts.
- Coordinated in management of finished Goods cycle counting process, annual raw material stock and processing of stock transactions.
- Calculated excess and obsolescence reserves ensuring appropriate adherence to corporate guidelines.
- Prepared monthly returns, balance sheet reconciliations and participated in the annual operating plan.
- Participated in standard cost roll up, month end duties and assisted in the annual external audit.
Company Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Sulzer Pumps Ltd, Shirley, NY
- Ensured effective outputs in relation to bank reconciliations, intrastate reporting, monthly management packs and foreign exchange and currency calculations.
- Administered month end, quarter end and year end reporting.
- Assigned to develop and modify accounting systems.
- Prepared forms and manuals for accounting personnel, and guided their work activities.
- Determined accounting requirements by administrating survey operations and recommended solutions to business and financial problems.
- Analyzed bankruptcies and other intricate financial dealings and prepared reports by summing up the findings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Oakland University, Rochester, MI