27662 Aliso Creek Rd, Apt 2205
Bayside, NY 11360
Job Objective Seeking a Fixed Asset Accountant position in management support where achieved accounting skills will be developed.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- A great deal of experience working with fixed asset accounting and lease accounting software
- Strong understanding and application of GAAP and FASB 13 – Accounting for Leases
- In-depth knowledge of General Ledger Accounting and month-end closing process
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and technical accounting research
- Ability to interpret regulations and communicate policies and procedures
- Strong organization skills including ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to Work independently as well as within a team environment
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing for diverse audiences
- Trustworthy individual with strong ethics and integrity
- Remarkable ability to review and verify accuracy of data
Fixed Asset Accountant, August 2005 – Present
Cameron Craig Group, Bayside, NY
- Prepared standard and non-standard income and balance sheet statements, and consolidated statements.
- Ensured timely and accurate completion of monthly financial statements for management review and assisted with the budget development.
- Analyzed financial records and reports, and advised on accounting reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Reviewed and verified the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Conducted special studies and developed and recommended accounting methods and procedures.
- Coordinated with other departments, locations and divisions concerning accounting.
Fixed Asset Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Hemming Morse, Inc, Bayside, NY
- Reconciled fixed asset subsidiary ledgers and resolved any resulting discrepancy.
- Ensured that all inventory transfers are appropriately accounted.
- Investigated issues affecting the company’s fixed assets and recommended ways of resolving them.
- Prepared monthly fluctuation analyses and accumulated depreciation accounts.
- Prepared audit schedules and resolved audit issues adhering to applicable procedures.
- Prepared supporting tax schedules and property tax returns.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Oakland University, Rochester, MI