3949 W Waveland Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090
Job Objective Seeking an Inventory Accountant position that offers an immediate challenge, career opportunity, and advancement.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant with experience in manufacturing company and auto industry accounting
- A great deal of experience with accounting information systems
- Basic understanding of GAAP and other accounting guidelines
- Profound knowledge of Inventory policies and procedures
- Ability to generate, format, and analyze various accounting reports
- Ability to solve problems and introduce countermeasures
- Proficient with basic MS Office applications (Excel, Word, MS Access)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Inventory Accountant, August 2005 – Present
Millipore, Wheeling, IL
- Provided functional advice and guidance to internal clientele on several inventory topics.
- Developed, interpreted, and ensured the consistent application of Inventory policies.
- Provided financial support to assigned area’s of responsibility as required by operational, corporate staff and auditors.
- Managed to identify, investigate and correct errors in a timely manner to ensure the validity of financial data.
- Demonstrated to identify, initiate and promote process improvements to enhance productivity and efficiency.
Inventory Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Sunrise Systems Inc, Wheeling, IL
- Implemented cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Ensured accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results.
- Performed audits to ensure product and labor costs are accurate and ensured to record bill of material and price code changes.
- Prepared monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan strategic planning and distribution.
- Discussed production and costing issues with plant management.
- Reviewed costs, material costs, manufacturing process, distribution and returns of inventory levels.
- Analyzed surplus and outdated inventory items on monthly basis.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Economics, University of Tampa, Tampa, FL