2200 W Main St
Job Objective To obtain a Tax Accountant position that fully utilizes my experience and abilities.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Certified public accountant with accomplished experience in accounting and tax
- Sound knowledge of online tax research sources, tax return, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of income preparation and researching taxation issues
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook)
- Strong technical and tax research skills
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports and legal documents
- Outstanding analytical and problem resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Tax Accountant, August 2005 – Present
Ajilon Finance, Lynchburg, VA
- Prepared and documented Sales and Use Tax returns, Business Licenses returns and Personal Property Tax returns and insure their timely payment.
- Supported Audit and Planning organization as needed on state and local tax audits.
- Conducted tax research and ensured that tax laws and regulations were applicable.
- Supported the preparation of overpayment submissions and reconciled tax accounts.
Tax Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Follett, Lynchburg, VA
- Analyzed and reconciled various general ledger accounts; researched and resolved variances.
- Acquired and renewed licenses for all stores and communicated with local and state governments, stores, and vendors on licensing issues.
- Processed check requests and payments for property and business licenses on time.
- Maintained tax calendar to timely complete all formalities.
- Organized incoming mail, tax notices and bills so that all inquires are addressed.
- Entered and maintained tax rates and commodities liability to taxation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Oakland University, Rochester, MI