1045 Marion Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Objective Looking for work within your organization as an Athletic Academic Advisor.
- Remarkable experience in student athlete advising and NCAA regulations
- Profound knowledge of NCAA rules as they pertain to academics and eligibility
- Skilled in reviewing and requesting transcripts and NCAA eligibility requirements
- Ability to work effectively with students and faculty of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to thoroughly understand and abide by federal and university guidelines regarding student confidentiality requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Athletic Academic Advisor, August 2005 – Present
Eastern Kentucky University, Columbia, SC
- Provided academic advisement and record keeping for freshman football student athletes.
- Monitored academic progress, eligibility status and maintained class schedule and enrollment records.
- Participated in recruiting process to provide prospects with information concerning academic support services for student athletes.
- Supported special programs and services offered for student-athletes as requested by the Assistant Director for Student Athlete Success Center.
- Prepared academic plans for student athletes.
- Advised and registered the student-athletes.
Athletic Academic Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
Stony Brook University, Columbia, SC
- Monitored the academic progress, sent out and reviewed progress reports with student-athlete.
- Referred to tutor and other support services as needed, developed and monitored Study Hall.
- Scheduled the time for athletes to study before and after practice.
- Monitored the student athlete participation in study groups.
- Informed the Senior Athletics and Fitness Manager of any serious academic, personal and other related issues.
Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling, Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston, ID
Master’s Degree in Counselling, Bob Jones University, Greenville, SC