1433 Zimmerman Lane
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Objective Looking for employment as an International Student Advisor with a top rated organization that suits my expertise and experience levels.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience advising international students and scholars
- Wide knowledge of university policies and procedures, program requirements and related academic matters
- Working knowledge of federal immigration regulations for F, J and other visa classifications
- Familiarity with Public relations principles and practices including interviewing techniques
- Proficiency in FileMaker Pro and MS Office Suite
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent Public speaking skills, communication and writing skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain documentation
International Student Advisor, August 2005 – Present
Boston University, Los Angeles, CA
- Assisted the students in understanding and completing degree requirements.
- Assisted the students with appropriate course registration.
- Worked with university staff and ensured coordination of student inquiries.
- Liaised between student and other University support groups to manage all student needs.
- Encouraged the students to maintain effective connections to the University and its online community of learners.
International Student Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
ASA College, Los Angeles, CA
- Screened initial student requests and advises F-1 and J-1 students and scholars on all matters related to immigration issues.
- Updated and maintained the records of F-1 and J-1 students in the database system.
- Planned and implemented the International Student Orientation each semester.
- Provided the general office support, field telephone calls and inquired from students, faculty and others.
- Accountable for general correspondence, filing, copying, preparing documents and reports as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Bryan College, Dayton, TN
Master’s Degree in International Relations, Holy Names University, Oakland, CA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated