1581 River Road
Career Objective Using my past experience as a Peer Advisor to help you work within your organization to benefit everyone.
Summary of Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of County community resources and public transportation
- Sound knowledge of the process of mental illness
- Good understanding of needs of mentally and emotionally disturbed individuals
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – Word, Excel and MS Access
- Ability to determine when additional intervention and monitoring is required
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Peer Advisor, August 2005 – Present
Wesleyan University, Salida, CO
- Informed and guided students about academic resources available and provided referrals.
- Prepared and facilitated academic support workshops focusing on time management, public speaking, and studying and exam preparation strategies.
- Advised on effective time management, studying and exam preparation.
- Planned and implemented extended orientation programming.
- Organized training sessions throughout the fall and spring semesters.
- Monitored peer advisor list serves correspondence.
Peer Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
Georgetown University, Salida, CO
- Checked students in to see appropriate advisors.
- Handled telephone inquiries.
- Gathered and sorted mail.
- Advised first and second semester freshmen students.
- Helped with special projects.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hamline University, Saint Paul, MN
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated