1811 Bond Street
Providence, RI 2908
Job Objective To obtain a position as a Study Abroad Advisor with growing organization where there is room for advancement within the field.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Outstanding experience of working in intercultural environment and advising, counseling, and mentoring college students
- Exceptional knowledge of implementing study abroad enrollment management software
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, FileMaker & Dreamweaver
- Ability to make suitable decisions
- Ability to provide leadership to the graduate program
- Ability to define the strategic goals associated with study abroad
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, oral, written)
Study Abroad Advisor, August 2005 – Present
University of Missouri, Providence, RI
- Served as primary advisor for educational opportunities in assigned regions.
- Advised students, staff and parents on opportunities for study abroad and administrative policies and procedures.
- Coordinated admissions process and country-specific orientations for assigned regions. Managed problems and special situations.
- Evaluated current programs and identified new study abroad program.
- Coordinated comprehensive pre-departure orientations.
Study Abroad Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
Suffolk University, Providence, RI
- Advised prospective and current students.
- Developed program marketing materials.
- Prepared pre-deviation orientation course materials.
- Performed orientations sessions.
- Collected program deposits.
- Edited and revised the program website.
- Compiled program reports and statistics.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Western States Chiropractic College, Portland, OR
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated