10541 Peruvian Way
Carson, CA 90746
Job Objective To obtain an Airline Ticket Agent position that will allow me to utilize my skills and has potential for growth.
Airline Ticket Agent, May 2004 – Present
AirTran Airways, Carson, CA
- Assisted passengers requiring special assistance to board and depart conveyance.
- Informed travel agents in other locations of space reserved or available.
- Announced arrival and departure information, using public-address system.
- Communicated customers and Ticket Agents to advise of changes with travel conveyance and to confirm reservation.
- Sold and assembled tickets for transmittal or mailing to customers.
- Answered inquiries made to travel agencies or transportation firms, such as airlines, bus companies, railroad companies and steamship lines.
- Checked baggage and directed passenger to designated location for loading.
Airline Ticket Agent, March 2002– April 2004
Swissport USA, Inc., Carson, CA
- Provided specified space to customers and maintained computerized inventory of passenger space available.
- Determined availability of spaces on travel dates requested by customer.
- Arranged reservations and routing for passengers at request of Ticket Agent.
- Examined passenger ticket or pass to direct passenger to specified area for loading.
- Planned route and calculated ticket cost, using schedules, rate books and computer.
- Interpreted coded data on tickets to ascertain destination and assigned boarding pass.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Outstanding ability to handle ticket sales for airlines at airports
- Profound ability to maintain neat appearance in accordance with airline standards
- Excellent communication skills to deal with customers in every aspect of the position
- Ability to subtract, add, divide and multiply in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals and common fractions
- Excellent ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and the general public
- Flexibility to work necessary hours including evenings, weekends & holidays
Associate Degree in Travel and Tourism, South Louisiana Community College, Lafayette, LA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated