2042 County Road 73
Lansing, KS 66043
Job Objective To obtain a Sourcing Agent position and utilize my experience and skills for the successful completion of each job task.
Sourcing Agent, May 2004 – Present
3M Company, Lansing, KS
- Provided finished goods for the Company to secure highest quality product and services at most competitive price.
- Evaluated potential suppliers in terms of capabilities, costs, quality, reliability and technical support.
- Negotiated directly with finished goods suppliers in terms of cost reductions, lead time improvement and vendor managed programs.
- Attended meetings, trade shows and conferences to learn new industry trends and made contact with suppliers.
- Reviewed proposals and negotiated contracts with assistance of Strategic Sourcing Manager.
- Maintained procurement records and operating system.
Sourcing Agent, March 2002– April 2004
General Dynamics, Lansing, KS
- Communicated with cross-function team in terms of supplier issues, quality and delays.
- Supported companywide procurement initiatives and assisted in expediting process.
- Expedited deliveries as required and managed supply base to meet delivery schedules.
- Coordinated changes with suppliers and executed it as required.
- Monitored and communicated order status with all internal customers.
- Planned and controlled work to meet all scope and deliverable commitments within schedule and budget.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Admirable working experience in international markets and a global sourcing organization
- Outstanding ability to track price trends, exchange rates and market and industry conditions
- Ability to summarize and present data to a diverse audience
- Skilled in negotiations and supplier selection
- Great ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent computer skills and strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills and cost control experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Associate Degree in Business, Monroe Community College, Rochester, NY