150 2nd Ave N, Ste 710
Brunswick, GA 31523
Job Objective To obtain a Travel Agent position that will allow me to utilize my skills and has potential for growth.
Travel Agent, May 2004 â€“ Present
Traverus Travel, Brunswick, GA
- Booked high volume domestic and international business reservations.
- Coordinated with travelers, travel arrangers and travel vendors.
- Procured necessary documentation such as passports, visas, and other clearances.
- Identified opportunities to save Money in travel budget.
Travel Agent, March 2002â€“ April 2004
KHM Travel Group, Brunswick, GA
- Worked with Accounts Payable regarding ticket transactions and travel expenditures.
- Assisted clients with travel needs via walk-ins, inbound phone inquiries and outbound sales calls to existing and former AAA clients.
- Identified clientâ€™s wishes, needs and requirements and made appropriate travel recommendations.
- Booked domestic and international travel arrangements-from airline tickets to full vacation packages.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of passport, visa requirements, currency, time zones, tourist destinations and world geography
- Solid Knowledge of travel agency business, suppliers, travel websites, systems
- Operational Knowledge of CRM and GDS systems
- Strong, Proactive follow-up skills and administering of Travel Policies
- Proficiency with MS Word and Outlook
- Solid communication skills â€“ both oral and written and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent travel industry knowledge and call center experience
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information
Associate Degree in Tours and Travels, Manatee Community College, Bradenton, FL
1961 Cedarstone Drive
Tiffin, OH 44883
Job Objective To obtain a Travel Agent position in a highly reputed organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in travel agency sales and customer service
- Expertise in selling international destinations, group travel and leisure FIT travel planning
- Extensive domestic and international destination knowledge
- Proficient with SABRE and Windows-based computer applications
- Ability to aggressively pursue sales through innovative marketing
- Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to close the sale and cross sell additional products and services
- Strong sales, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Riya Travel and Tours Inc, Tiffin, OH
August 2005 â€“ Present
- Developed itinerary handled inquiries and recommended suggestions to clients.
- Booked and confirmed route, carriers, lodging, and dining; verified space and rates; issued tickets.
- Completed foreign travel requirements.
- Prepared travel packet by assembling itinerary, maps, tickets, confirmations, visas and related documents, baggage tags, emergency resources and insurance options.
- Collected payment by entering and verifying scheduled services and charges; computing total; obtaining credit card charge, check, and cash.
- Obtained refunds and adjustments by completing claim forms.
- Promoted travel by selling tour packages and special events.
AAA Southern, Tiffin, OH
May 2000 â€“ July 2005
- Sold travel agency products and services to clients.
- Collected payments and processes the receipt of monies according to Travel Agency procedure.
- Maintained client files.
- Ensured the delivery of quality service in travel agency and branch operations.
- Maintained relationships with each client served, to engender loyalty to Club products and services
- Acted as member of branch team and supports Club policies and procedures for delivery of service.
High School Diploma
Marion High School, Marion, AR