4790 Calumet Ave, Apt#7
New York, NY 10040
Job Objective Obtain a Bioinformatics Analyst position in a well established firm that offers opportunities for professional growth.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of MatLab, Spotfire, SAS, and C++
- Sound Familiarity with SQL, PERL, Oracle DB, and Unix
- Ability to handle large data sets such as microarrays, sequencing, proteomics and imaging data
- Excellent and strong statistical and analytical background
- Extensive knowledge of current genomic technologies
- Excellent industry experience at Biotech, Pharmaceutical, and Drug Discovery
- Familiar with Genomics with application to Oncology, Diabetes, Cardiovascular, Inflammation and Immunology
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively as part of a team and to
report results of analyses
Sr Bioinformatics Analyst, August 2005 – Present
Broad Institute, New York, NY
- Designed and analyzed gene expression and genotyping.
- Designed data processing pipeline and defined QC metrics.
- Prepared and created new algorithms and statistical models to process, analyze and interpret high volumes of data from the new technology platform.
- Worked with various teams as an expert to support programs from different therapeutic areas.
- Assisted Quality Assurance Team in establishing and subsequently maintaining quality control programs for production.
Bioinformatics Analyst, May 2000 – July 2005
Therasis Inc, New York, NY
- Consistently provided informatics support to molecular diagnostics programs.
- Responsible for QC, normalization and analysis of microarray data.
- Provided expertise to analyze multidimensional data generated by genomic technologies, included microarrays, Exon arrays and Mirna arrays and SNPs.
- Responsible for data management and administration of project databases.
- Developed and implemented various analyses and reported tools in R/Bioconductor.
- Reported results of analyses for project reports, presented review publications.
Master’s Degree in Bioinformatics, University of California, Berkeley, CA
Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL