2834 Monica Ct SW
Albany, NY 12201
Job Objective Fiscal Analyst position where I can effectively utilize my skills and expertise.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Sound knowledge of Private sector budgetary and finance experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial management, policies, procedures and systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and computer-generated information and effectively communicate results of analysis
- Familiarity with fund accounting, financial reporting, database management and presentations skills
- Ability to integrate strong technical knowledge in data management and analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Employment Security Commission, Albany, NY
August 2005 â€“ Present
- Supported budget activities of the centralized municipal budget and financial planning office.
- Prepared and revised budgets.
- Reviewed and projected expenditures and prepared budgetary reports.
- Organized, compiled and reviewed budgetary financial data.
- Assigned budget amendment numbers and maintained files on all budget amendments.
- Developed and maintained a database for all budget transactions impacting the total budget authorization for each city department.
- Participated effectively in preparation and control of annual operating budget.
- Conducted and performed cost analysis and budget impact studies and surveys.
Department of Mental Health-central Office, Albany, NY
May 2000 â€“ July 2005
- Performed efficiently a variety of budget-related assignments.
- Formulated, analyzed, and controlled individual department and federal program budget.
- Performed budget projections.
- Suggested cost cutting measures and reviewed expenditure requests.
- Prepared and maintained various financial reports.
- Developed recommendations regarding approval, disapproval and modification of budget based upon conformance to strategic initiatives.
Bachelors Degree in Finance
University of California, Berkeley, CA