121 County Road 3204
Berryville, AR 72616
Job Objective Seeking a position as Library Attendant where I can utilize my knowledge and experience in reputed organization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in sorting and classifying books and journals
- Exceptional knowledge of library services and their availability
- In-depth knowledge of institutional and pertinent functional policies and procedure
- Outstanding ability to follow routine oral and written instructions
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment
- Strong physical ability to lift and shelve books
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform clerical and administrative support duties
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work well with a diverse staff and user population
Library Attendant, August 2005 to till date
New York Public Library, Berryville, AR
- Ensured to classify all returned material promptly to the shelves.
- Ensured library shelving areas are maintained in good order to facilitate easy access.
- Participated in wider library initiatives relating to the maintenance of the Library’s stock including; stock checks and weeding exercises.
- Assisted in identifying and communicating library building maintenance issues and space management and service issues.
- Facilitated to various other duties as required by the Director of Library Services.
Library Attendant, May 2000 to July 2005
YMCA of the Rockies, Berryville, AR
- Ensured that proper channels are followed in borrowing and returning of books.
- Assisted in editing and making corrections to the existing catalogs.
- Managed to classify reading and audio visual materials.
- Assisted in photocopying books and any other information materials for patrons.
- Facilitated in shelving, processing, labeling, accessioning and stamping of books.
- Assisted in cataloguing books and other library material.
Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science, Loma Linda University, California, CA