For many customers, a bank teller is the face of the financial organization where they have chosen to keep their money. Often just called tellers, these individuals are responsible for providing excellent customer service and financial assistance to customers that come through their line. A bank teller might be responsible for assisting with the opening and closing of accounts, the withdrawal of large amounts of money, and much more.
Crafting a good bank teller resume means providing a strong focus on both communication and math skills. An individual in this field needs to be able to respond to a fast-paced work environment well and needs to be able to provide accurate counts on all transactions. If you have any technical expertise in financial software, it helps to make that clear on the resume. Three different bank teller resume format examples are provided here, and each of them give you a starting point for getting a job at different levels of career experience.
Earning a bank teller position is something that somebody can do right out of high school if they desire. In this case, highlighting previous customer service experience or mathematical proficiency is the best approach to take in order to ensure that you effectively demonstrate the abilities which most potential employers are looking for. The bank teller resume example provided below for Robin Brandt shows one previous position but also highlights a strong educational background.
| Robin Brandt|
89 Pentatone Lane
St. Louis, MO 63101
Home: (314) 748-9921
Cell: (314) 512-3099
|HIGHLY MOTIVATED BANK TELLER|
|Bank Teller candidate offering strong customer service skills, excellent technical ability, and terrific mathematics ability. Superb problem solver and fully devoted to the task at hand. Capable of responding quickly to service-related issues and able to remain calm under pressure.|
| HIGHCLIFFE ACADEMY, St. Louis, MO|
High School Diploma, 2013
- Computer Science
- Customer service
- Financial advice
- Customer service
- Financial advice
- Money handling
- Accurate change delivery
- Emergency response
- Security protocols
Mid-Level Professional Resume
A mid-level professional has been a bank teller for a period of at least three years. Somebody with this level of experience can rely to some degree on past work experience, although it is still very important to highlight skills and education as well. The bank teller resume sample provided below starts first with a comprehensive list of relevant skills and only moves on to job experience after the initial expectations of expertise have been met.
|40 Langston Square â€“ St. Louis, MO 63101 â€“ (314) 878-2301 â€“ [email]|
Experience handling financial matters and customer communication
- Skilled bank teller with multiple years of experience in financial environments.
- Knowledgeable of federal and state banking policies.
- Capable of delivering excellent customer service experiences.
- Able to operate well under time constraints and in a fast-paced environment.
|Financial management: Assist customers in making decisions on financial matters. Remain knowledgeable of banking policy with complex transactions.|
Customer service: Provide a pleasant banking experience for every customer in line. Present a positive and helpful attitude at all times.
Technical expertise: Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and payroll management software.
|Bank of St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)|
Bank Teller, 3/2012-Present
|Greet clients and provide strong customer service throughout a transaction. Assist with financial transactions. Supervise foreign currency transactions. Identify referential opportunities. Cross sell bank services when it becomes apparent that there would be mutual benefit in doing so.|
Experienced Professional Resume
After many years of experience in this field, bank tellers can rely mostly on their job history and career skills when searching out a new job opportunity. At this stage, presenting yourself as a bank teller in your bank teller resume can emphasize your desire to remain in your current position rather than moving to another one. The bank teller sample resume provided below offers a comprehensive breakdown of Mr. Greyâ€™s career as well as a glimpse at the sort of long-term career goals that he likely has.
(555)-555-5555 | PO Box 55 | St. Louis, MO 63101 | [email]
|Experienced bank teller with a passion for customer service.|
|Personable and professional bank teller with thorough knowledge of local and federal banking procedures. Superb customer service skills. Understanding of complex financial transactions, exchange rates, and long-term investments.|
| CORE COMPETENCIES|
|Cashing checks â€“ Accepting loan payments â€“ Performing money orders â€“ Maintaining transaction records â€“ Processing|
withdrawals â€“ Customer service â€“ Interpersonal and analytical skills â€“ Remaining calm under pressure â€“ Embracing a
fast-pace environment â€“ Multitasking
|BANK OF AMERICA â€“ St. Louis, MO|
Providing teller services and financial assistance to customers in need
Operate teller windows. Provide financial assistance to customers at the bank. Remain calm in fast-paced environments and retain knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Maintain contact with clients and inform them of updates to cash and checking services.
- Handle deposits, withdrawals, and money orders.
- Balance cash drawers.
- Cross-sell bank services to repeat clients.
- Perform data entry and maintain a complete record of transactions.
- Examine checks for proper endorsements.
- Transfer funds and accept loan payments.
- Maintain a careful watch for fraudulent banking activities.
|MISSOURI CREDIT UNION â€“ St. Louis, MO||2008-2010|
|Ensured excellence in banking and provided customers with the guidance needed to make important financial decisions.|
|Greeted clients and assisted them with financial transactions. Provided information on related banking procedures. Maintained detailed financial records and reported to banking administrator.|
- Maintained and balanced cash drawer.
- Supervised foreign currency exchanges and accounts.
- Monitored large transactions.
- Identified referral opportunities.
- Oversaw ATM operations.
- Provided training for fellow employees.
- Assisted with loan payments and other installment transactions.
- Handled money orders and bill payment services.
- Helped instill safe working environment and enforced strong security within the organization.
|WYOMING NATIONAL BANK â€“ Cheyenne, WY||2006-2008|
|Provided transaction assistance and maintained personal accounts for a number of high-profile banking clients.|
Cashed checks, accepted loan payments, and managed deposits and withdrawals. Maintained order during busy times. Handled all transactions swiftly and accurately to ensure smooth operation of the bank. Provided superb customer service and helped to cultivate repeat clients.
- Performed specialized banking transactions such as personal money orders and custom loans.
- Recorded all transactions in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Maintained in-depth knowledge of local banking procedures as well as new federal laws.
- Conducted auditing of dormant accounts and solicited business from them.
- Monitored computer system for fraudulent activity.
- Balanced cash drawers.
- Greeted clients and thanked them for their business.
|High School Diploma, 2005|