349 Hudson Street
Newark, NJ 7102
Job Objective To exceed culinary service expectations in a hospitality environment as a Seasonal Chef.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in preparing exclusive meals upholding dietary specifications
- Profound knowledge of preparing different kinds of desserts and baking varieties of breads and pastries
- Deep knowledge of every facet of operations at food and Beverage department
- Proficient with Jonas POS System and Microsoft Office
- Skilled at reading and comprehending training guidelines from HACCP and MSDS
- Ability to perform and supervise BOH culinary related activities
- Ability to evaluate and resolve problems at work
Doyon Tourism Services, Newark, NJ
August 2007 – Present
- Monitored and managed menus and exclusive food preparations.
- Followed apposite systems for receiving processes comprising of FIFO rotation and maintaining incoming product.
- Complies with all standard recipes and prepared food accordingly.
- Administered food portions, cooking methods and waste minimization ways for cost controlling.
- Supervised kitchen operations and ensured ServSafe, safety and hygiene policies were followed.
- Assured management about accurate training of entire BOH staff.
- Ensured every kitchen employee endorses professional working atmosphere and complies with grooming and dress-up specifications.
Patina Restaurant Group, Newark, NJ
May 2004 – July 2007
- Recruited and mentored staff working in BOH and culinary division on new food products, menu briefing and cooking methods.
- Performed routine food ingredient procurement activities as per par levels within allocated budgets.
- Ensured all purchase invoices are appropriately coded according to accounts requirements.
- Participated actively in recruiting and interviewing processes working alongside Beach Culinary Manager and assured apt staffing levels.
- Enforced routine sanitization audits on daily and weekly basis in culinary department.
- Cooked and packed high level quality food for All-day guided tasks.
- Baked freshly prepared pastries, cookies, breads and desserts everyday.
- Contributed in food production for placed orders for breakfast, lunch buffet and dinner for 80 people everyday.
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
Western State College, Gunnison, CO