812 Robinson Switch Rd
New York, NY, 10022
Job Objective To obtain a General Merchandise Clerk position in a company that provides an open environment with many opportunities for continuous growth.
General Merchandise Clerk, May 2004 – Present
Kroger , New York, NY
- Assisted customers with their selections and prepared products for display.
- Handled and displayed bakery merchandise in accordance with company standards and managed merchandise presentation, safety, sanitation, service and suggestive selling.
- Operated cash register to ring up customer purchases and handled PA system to make sale’s announcements.
- Checked quality and quantity of incoming merchandise and reported damages.
- Assured that all boxes received are clearly and accurately marked.
- Reviewed and checked quantities of received merchandise.
General Merchandise Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Safeway Inc., New York, NY
- Managed to mark price tags accurately and assisted with physical inventories.
- Managed accurate cash handling at each shift, and adopted accurate procedures on all transactions.
- Attended to customer’s needs and complaints, helping them with merchandise and related queries.
- Ensured re-stocking of merchandise and exhibit attractive displays.
- Dealt with store maintenance – managed vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, taking out trash, etc.
- Engineered straightening of store and displays.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Possess exceptional knowledge of products in the general store
- Ability to communicate clearly, timely, and accurately
- Listening well to instructions and following all orders precisely
- Excellent verbal and written communication and great telephone skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and Great telephone skills
- Excellent ability to perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, faxing, answering phone
- Typing speed of 50 W.P.M
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
Associate Degree in Accounting, Houston Community College, Houston, TX