2422 Sixth Ave N
Dalton, GA, 30720
Job Objective To obtain a Hotel Desk Clerk position in a company that will allow me to grow with the company.
Hotel Desk Clerk, May 2004 – Present
Hampton Inn, Dalton, GA
- Welcomed guests with warm greetings and responded to their queries and requests.
- Verified pre-registrations; assigned rooms; obtained information and signatures; issued door cards and assisted guests in the completion of forms.
- Managed to orient guests for use and availabilities of varied facilities.
- Provided statements of non-availability and posted registration information.
- Issued room keys, computed charges for guests checking out, received payment and rendered receipts.
- Ensured accurate accounts check at the end of shift and secured cash.
Hotel Desk Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Skagit Valley Casino Resort, Dalton, GA
- Provided information to guests by answering inquiries regarding hotel, its services like entertainment, shopping, business and travel.
- Managed to direct guests to room with hotel map and guided them through.
- Conveyed information by receiving and transmitting messages, mail, facsimiles and packages.
- Maintained manual and computed records.
- Secured guest’s valuables with safe deposit box and locker.
- Established credit by verifying credit cards and obtaining cash.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Ability to manage all front desks and guest services positions
- Strong ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively
- Excellent communication skill to maintain good relations with customers
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with fellow employees and guest
- Immense ability to handle financial transactions
- Deep sense of cleanliness, neatness, honesty and reliability
- Ability to perform complex data entry tasks
Associate Degree in Public Relations, Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, NC