22945 Coltrane Ave
Elkhart, IN, 46514
Job Objective To obtain a Judicial Law Clerk position in a company that will allow me to grow with the company.
Judicial Law Clerk, May 2004 – Present
Georgetown University, Elkhart, IN
- Prepared and summarized case files in advance of hearings and monitor cases under advisement.
- Attended court sessions to hear oral arguments and records necessary case information.
- Prepared briefs, legal memoranda and statement of issues involved, including appropriate suggestions or recommendations to the judge.
- Compiled references on laws and decisions necessary for legal determinations.
- Conferred with judge concerning legal questions, construction of documents and granting of orders.
- Reviewed, studied, researched, and annotated laws, court decisions, documents, opinions, briefs and related legal authorities.
Judicial Law Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Federal Judiciary, Elkhart, IN
- Drafted memoranda and jury instructions.
- Observed court proceedings and learn at firsthand.
- Managed significant interaction with judges, attorneys, law clerks and other chambers staff.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Knowledge of court practices and procedures
- Knowledge of legal terminology and concepts
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft access)
- Uncommon passion for law
- Ability to perform duties such as filing, typing, faxing and answering phone
- Deep knowledge of legal terminology
- Typing speed of 50 W.P.M
- Good oral and written communication skills
Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies, Wayne County Community College, Detroit, MI