1108 Ross Clark Cir
Sarasota, FL, 34235
Job Objective To obtain a Law Clerk position in a company that provides an open environment with many opportunities for continuous growth.
Law Clerk, May 2004 – Present
Valley National Bancorp, Sarasota, FL
- Managed to maintain standard documents on internal website to ensure that the company and field have access to the most up to date documents.
- Performed legal research including usage of automated research services.
- Coordinated with internal and external legal staff on various projects and gathered information from clients and others.
- Escalated issues requiring attorney involvement and performed general court run duties to courthouses as necessary.
- Assisted attorneys in brief and opinion writing; depositions and trials; prepared draft memos; and drafted pleadings and motions.
- Gathered and compiled updated information and procedures in use.
Law Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Assurant, Sarasota, FL
- Performed complex legal research; screened documents for privilege.
- Prepared draft legal documents.
- Assisted attorneys with all phases of litigation and performed legal research utilizing both written and electronic sources.
- Assisted attorneys in brief and opinion writing; and drafted memos, pleadings and motions.
- Gathered and compiled facts and relevant case information.
- Assisted with regular modifications and updated existing standard documents.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of legal terminology
- Uncommon passion for law
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft access)
- Excellent ability to perform duties such as filing, typing, faxing and answering phone
- Immense ability to compose and produce reports, documents and related material
- Good knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations and policies and procedures
- Typing speed of 50 W.P.M
- Good oral and written communication skills
Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies, Owens Community College, Perrysburg, OH
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated