The primary objective for project coordinators is to train and coach employees in order to complete company-specific projects within a determined deadline and work within company budget constraints. As leaders of a team, project coordinators should possess excellent communication skills, organizational abilities, and problem solving strategies. In addition to those fundamental skills, basic computer knowledge and familiarity with standard office software are also qualifications necessary to conduct day-to-day operations.
A well written project coordinator resume should emphasize all of the skills mentioned above as well as the applicant’s educational background. Most companies require candidates to possess at least a four year degree from an accredited university in communications, business management, or some other related field. Those who do not have a four year degree risk having their resume rejected. Listed below are three different project coordinator resume format styles, each catering to varying levels of experience.
A project coordinator who is new to the field should highlight academic achievements and related skills obtained through coordinating school events or charitable work. Volunteer work, internships, or academic clubs are great ways for a new candidate to show off their prior leadership roles and project organization skills. The project coordinator resume example displayed below does just that by showcasing Mr. Jackson’s prior experience presiding over his university’s math club, as well as his philanthropist work with a charitable organization. This will show potential employers that Mr. Jackson is prepared to take on a leadership role within a company, in spite of his lack of work experience.
| CLARENCE JACKSON|
3452 Main Street
Amherst, OH 44011
Tel: (440) 410-8421 / Email: [email]
|SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS|
|Ambitious, organized, and detail-oriented project coordinator looking to develop new skills in an upbeat atmosphere. Strong background in team leadership, oral communications, and project organization.|
|Coats for Kids, Cleveland, OH||June 2014-Present|
- Recruit volunteers in order to collect donations.
- Plan and implement fundraising events.
- Organize a team to help distribute donated items to sick or needy children.
- Contact local businesses in order to collect donations.
Mid-Level Professional Resume
Project coordinators with a minimum of three to five years of experience are considered to be mid-level professionals. Candidates at this level should be able to show in their resumes that they have the skills necessary to organize and implement group projects. The project coordinator resume sample below places emphasis on Ms. Lindsey’s work history within the field, skills such as project analysis and her familiarity with common office software, and as well as her academic background .
2364 Howard Rd., Chicago, IL 60290
Home: (872) 528-9301 | Cell: (872) 438-7324 | [email]
- Reliable and hardworking project coordinator with exceptional communication and organizational skills. Detail-oriented strategist experienced in the areas of program planning and execution.
- Qualifications include a B.A. in business management and proficient leadership skills. Knowledgeable in common office software, email communications, and Windows operating systems.
|Office SoftwareDevelop interoffice relationshipsEmail CorrespondenceOral communications||Team leadershipProject executionFinancial managementTime management|
|Project Coordinator Experience|
|HARRIS MARKETING GROUP – Chicago, IL|
Project Coordinator, June 2013-Present
|Recruit new team associates and act as a point of contact for all new clients. Responsible for the creation, assessment, and implementation of all company projects, including distribution and promotions. Mentor project teams and assure assigned duties are completed by the management determined deadline.|
Experienced Professional Resume
When writing a project coordinator resume, individuals who have worked in the field for seven or more years are considered experienced professionals and should place more emphasis on prior work history, skills and achievements. The project coordinator sample resume below showcases skills Mr. Rogers as picked up throughout his career, such as managing teams, problem solving, and conflict resolution, and then goes on to elaborate those skills with a detailed work experience section.
2345 Lakeside Dr.
Lorain, OH 44023
Strategic Planning Skills| Leadership Qualities | Computer Savvy
Organized | Motivated
|Experienced project coordinator seeks a position to head company programs and effectively lead project teams. Strong communication and planning skills. Knowledgeable in common business software. An enthusiastic and organized team leader.|
|CORE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS|
|Motivate project teamsDevelop programsFinancial managementTeam leadershipProblem solving||Time managementRisk assessmentComputer skillsConflict resolutionCreate project reports|
|Senior Project Coordinator, Production Department|
|Oversee assembly line, identify ways to increase production, and evaluate potential risks. Work in conjunction with other departments in order to ensure the health and safety of all company employees. Act as a single point of contact for production team. Mentor associates and assure that the daily output quota is met. Communicate project ideas, employee evaluation reports, and any concerns to company board of directors.|
- Assess any potential risks.
- Act as a bridge between employees and upper management.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Compile reports and correspondence.
- Dispatch maintenance when necessary.
- Develop project plans.
- Address employee concerns and conduct investigations when required.
- Lead production team.
- Single point of contact for the distribution team.
- Mentored new distribution department associates.
- Maintained department records and compiled reports.
- Developed innovative methods to increase productivity.
- Communicated effectively with clients and other company departments.
- Worked with team members to resolve department specific issues.
|Worked directly with the marketing department to organize promotional campaigns and increase sales revenue. Addressed customer concerns and worked to improve client satisfaction rates. Designed promotional programs to attract new clients and strengthen bonds with existing customers.|
- Communicated with clients and marketing department management.
- Developed customer satisfaction surveys and reported results to marketing.
- Assisted in creating advertisements and other promotions.
- Wrote company sponsored email correspondences.
- Recorded client information into system database.
- Assessed risks associated with new product lines.
|EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT|
|Michigan State University, Bachelor of Arts, Business Management|
George Harrison High School, High School Diploma
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated