1788 Settlers Lane
Bellerose, NY 11426
Objective A challenging career opportunity as Alumni Director which would help me to utilize my academic background to assist me to gain experience, employ my excellent interpersonal skills, and enable me to make a positive contribution to the organization.
- Strong experience with alumni relations, public relations and fund raising
- Profound knowledge of working productively with volunteers
- In-depth knowledge in recruitment, community organizing and career counseling
- Sound knowledge of university policies and procedures
- Skilled in developing budgets, prioritization of projects, programs, and activities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to plan, design and write promotional materials
- Familiarity with budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles
- Proficient with Alumni Development Database System, Power Point, Excel and Word
Alumni Director, August 2005 – Present
California Institute of Technology, Bellerose, NY
- Accountable for the overall success of the Alumni Program, including meeting program objectives.
- Provided strategic direction for the Alumni Program by developing goals and objectives.
- Oversaw the development of a marketing and communications plan and related materials including, social media marketing, newsletters and resource guides.
- Assisted with program budget development and maintained program expenditures within established parameters.
- Participated in human resource issues associated with supervision and leadership of program staff, conducted annual performance reviews.
- Developed client-sensitive policies and procedures, including case file documentation.
Alumni Director, May 2000 – July 2005
University of Maryland at College Park, Bellerose, NY
- Determined and managed the implementation of strategy and engagement of alumni through the coordination of the alumni strategic plan and set priorities, goals and benchmarks.
- Supervised the student and young alumni coordinator, student and young alumni programming and alumni assistant and management of alumni data within the database.
- Collaborated with the Director of Advancement Communications to publish a quarterly e-newsletter and the bi-annual publication of the Belltower, the alumni magazine.
- Budgeted needs assessments, marketed and communicated efforts.
- Designed and maintained an alumni website, online community and other social networking tools.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Arcadia University, Glenside, PA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated