ART DIRECTOR RESUME
|400 Taylor Street NE, Washington, DC,20017|
T: (202) 526-3953
|SUMMARY||Ambitious and creative art director candidate seeks employment at growing company in order to help design the look and tone of the establishment. Excellent written and spoken communication skills, exceptional time management, hardworking and dedicated to achieving the highest level of success.|
|EDUCATION||Duke Ellington School of the Arts|
Bachelor of Art Fine Arts
Roosevelt Senior High School, 2010-2014
High School Diploma
Voted Most Artistic for Class of 2014
Recipient of Art Department’s Scholarship
|RELEVANT SKILLS||CreativityOrganizationCommunicationFinancial managementTime management|
|VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE||Roosevelt Senior High School, 2013-2014|
Director of Annual Art Fair
Created and implemented the theme for the art fair, organized the submission process of student artists, arranged the layout of the exhibits, prepared the fair to be ready for guests by pre-established Opening Night date, hosted the event within the strict confines of the Art Department’s budget allocation for the fair.
|REFERENCES||Available upon request|
Mid-Level Professional Resume
Mid-level candidates are those who have worked in the field for at least three years. Their experience does not necessarily have to be in the art director capacity. Experience working as a fine artist, graphic designer, animator, or other art occupation will also qualify a candidate for this position. In the art director resume sample below, Mr. Connelly uses his experience as a designer to supplement his Art Design degree from Virginia Tech.
1315 West Cary St. | Richmond, VA 23220 | Home: (555)-555-5555 | Email: [email]
Four years of experience creating unforgettable visual concepts
- Development: Work with company representatives to determine desired style and mood of project.
- Design: In accordance with the company’s specifications, choose the best mediums to represent the concept visually and design the layout for the project.
- Deadlines: Periodically update company on progress and check that project is going according to their equests, strictly adhere to budgets and deadline time tables.
- Design Programs: Adobe Creative Suite, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress
- Computer languages: HTML, Java Script, C++
|The Glass Baron, Inc. – Virginia Beach, VA|
Graphic Designer, 2012 to Present
Design and produce graphic art and catalog layout for a giftware company that specializes in selling items in the United States and in China.
- Design: Produce art content for projects with the use of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Teamwork: Function as part of a team of artists to complete multiple projects in a fast paced work environment.
- Communication: Frequently meet with team and with clients to ensure creative vision is intact across multiple mediums.
|CTA, Inc.– Richmond, VA|
Artist, 2011 to 2012
Created eye-catching and memorable artwork to promote product sales to the target audience in a rapidly growing Christian merchandise mail order company.
- Development: Assisted the creative directors in the development of ideas for new products based on the customers purchasing trends.
- Creation: Designed the new products and product packaging using industry standard software such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Consistency: Ensured company’s message and creative vision was maintained throughout the process and adhered to company’s strict standards of quality.
|VIRGINIA TECH, SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS – Blacksburg, VA|
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Visual Communication Design
ALBEMARLE HIGH SCHOOL – Charlottesville, VA
High School Diploma, 2011
Completed full high school course load with a B+ grade average.
Experienced Professional Resume
When a candidate has seven years of experience or more in this field, they are considered experienced professionals and often command a higher salary due to their experience level. An experienced art director resume should spend a good deal of time discussing experience in a leadership capacity. In the art director sample resume below, Mr. Anderson modestly expresses the skills he developed in his past job experiences. He does not fail to include his education at the end of the resume.
1080Carolan Avenue | Burlingame, CA 94010| H: (650) 696-2956 | C: (650) 696-5255
|Ambitious and experienced art director candidate seeks opportunity to work in a fast-pasted environment with regular artistic challenges to be overcome. Well practiced in the art of meeting client expectations and budget requirements. Familiar with organizing and managing a team of artists to complete the project by the given deadline. Skilled in graphic design and in photography. Exemplar communication skills.|
Digital Art Design | Team Management | Photography
Communication | Time Management
|Virgin America, Inc. – Senior Designer- Art Director, Burlingame, CA||2009-Present|
RAUXA – Art Director, San Francisco, CA, Burlingame, CA
|RAUXA – Art Director, San Francisco, CA, Burlingame, CA||2005-2009|
Solomon Page Group – Digital Art Director, Chicago, IL
|Solomon Page Group – Digital Art Director, Chicago, IL||2004-2005|
School of the Art Institute of Chicago – Bachelor of Arts in Visual and Critical Studies
|School of the Art Institute of Chicago – Bachelor of Arts in Visual and Critical Studies|
|2001 – 2005|
Freeport High School – High School Diploma
|Freeport High School – High School Diploma|