2629 Reppert Coal Road
Mount Clemens, MI 48045
Job Objective Looking for employment in an Assistant Sports Information Director position that will help further my career while bringing my experience and education to the organization as well.
Assistant Sports Information Director, August 2005 – Present
Immaculata University, Mount Clemens, MI
- Served as the primary media contact for a variety of sports.
- Updated and maintained the official athletics Web site compiling statistics at athletic events.
- Pitched story ideas to and built relationships with media contacts.
- Managed the press box and scorer’s table at home events and oversaw the game day staff.
- Nominated coaches and student-athletes for various awards.
- Assisted with the production of assorted athletics publications, schedule cards and posters.
- Oversaw staff of graduate and undergraduate students.
Assistant Sports Information Director, May 2000 – July 2005
Collegiate Sports Employer, Mount Clemens, MI
- Prepared news releases and feature articles and dispersed information to media.
- Served as on-campus host for intercollegiate athletic events and coordinated media coverage for those events.
- Designed, wrote and edited game programs, schedule cards, media guides and other promotional publications.
- Promoted individual athletes for post-season honors.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience working in athletics sports information
- Profound knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of media services, public relations and professional sports
- Deep knowledge of public relations principles, practices and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of printing and graphics
- Familiarity with desktop publishing, Stat Crew software and XOS online services
- Strong leadership, solid planning and organizational skills
- Proficient in computer literacy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Fitness, Williston State College, Williston, ND
Master’s Degree in Fitness, American University, Washington, DC
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated