Delivery drivers can be found in a variety of different fields, delivering items ranging from food to furniture and everything in between. This position requires the ability to operate efficiently under tight deadlines, to multitask well, and may require the ability to perform physical labor. You will also need a clean driving record, a valid driverâ€™s license and, depending on the type of vehicle you will be using, possibly a commercial driverâ€™s license.
Your delivery driver resume doesnâ€™t need to focus heavily on your education, since there are few if any formal schooling requirements for this position. However, education can be used to emphasize your desirable qualities, including your ability to handle pressure and remain organized. Each of the three delivery driver resume format samples below includes an entry on education to prove the candidateâ€™s ability to stick to a task and achieve a goal, but none of them rely solely on a school background.
Delivery drivers who have little experience should make sure to emphasize their other professional qualities, especially the ability to maintain a tight schedule and work within deadlines. Any driving experience is also desirable. Mr. Harris, the candidate in the delivery driver resume example provided below, has some professional driving experience but also emphasizes his ability to follow directions and work within a fast-paced environment.
18 Yondalla Street
Toledo, OH 43601
|Attentive and energetic candidate seeking a delivery driver position that requires strong organizational and time management abilities as well as quality product delivery and good customer service.|
- Very well organized
- Capable of operating quickly and efficiently, even in high-pressure situations
- Clean driving record
- Good knowledge of local routes and ability to deliver product in the fastest manner possible
- Excellent verbal communication skills
|High School Diploma, June 2014|
Central High School, Toledo, OH
Graduated with honors
Mid-Level Professional Resume
Breaking into the delivery driver industry might not always be easy, but the moment you finally make it you can begin building a resume that will impress virtually everybody. After several years of experience in this field, you should focus on your work experience, mentioning your education only at the end or, if you donâ€™t feel it reflects well on you, not at all. The delivery driver resume sample provided below features Kathleen White, a woman who does list her educational experience but uses it mostly as a footnote to add to her work experience.
Phone: (419) 881-2201 | [email]
1 Newton Street | Toledo, OH 43601
|Motivated and Eager Delivery Driver|
|Lengthy experience in the Toledo area and ability to handle a variety of different vehicles.|
- Current driverâ€™s license with no moving violations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Toledo and several other major Ohio cities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to operate effectively under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of vehicle mechanics and ability to repair technical difficulties.
|EXPERIENCE||JOEâ€™S PIZZA, Toledo, OH|
Delivery Driver, 1/2012 to Present
| Provide late-night pizza deliveries throughout the Toledo metro area. Take orders, provide prompt delivery, and secure payment from customers. Return unclaimed orders to the restaurant. Key outcomes include:|
|EDUCATION||Anderson Academy, Toledo, OH|
High School Diploma, 6/2010
Experienced Professional Resume
Those who are at the top of their field in this position have an advantage when writing a delivery driver resume because they can focus on their accomplishments throughout multiple jobs. However, they should also focus on emphasizing the skills and professional qualities that they have picked up during their long career. The delivery driver sample resume below is designed to draw a potential employer in with a summary of key qualities before moving on to tangible work experience.
18 Quentin Street | Toledo, OH 43601
Home: 419.631.5222 | Cell: 419.854.6600
|DELIVERY DRIVER | FAST, ORGANIZED, AND MOTIVATED|
|Highly organized, attentive, and skilled delivery driver. Knowledge of both rural and urban streets as well as local traffic laws. Familiar with a wide variety of different industries. Strong customer service and accounting skills.|
|Core Knowledge and Skills:|
- Delivery routes
- Customer service
- Handling fragile products
- Operation of GPS units
- Safe driving practices
- Driving laws and traffic codes
- Time management
- Financial management and delivery etiquette
|Delivery Driver, St. Michaelâ€™s Delivery Service||2011-2015|
|Performed furniture and antique deliver driving for a busy retail service in an urban area. Retained excellent knowledge of traffic laws, route assignments, and detours. Remained up-to-date on all construction work and potential delivery slowdowns. Provided excellent customer service and took payments.|
- Communicated with dispatchers and fellow delivery drivers to ensure swift delivery of goods.
- Ran routes for a period of four years without delivering any product late.
- Coordinated with other drivers and laborers for movement of large products.
- Ensured complete customer satisfaction with each delivery.
- Handled payment procedures and ensured proper compensation.
|Delivery Driver, Juniorâ€™s Pizza and Italian Meals||2008-2011|
|Performed evening and late-night pizza delivery in a downtown urban area as well as the surrounding suburbs. Maintained comprehensive knowledge of all common delivery routes and performed regular research to note changes in traffic patterns. Communicated with customers and ensured that payment was received properly for each order.|
- Received orders and ensured that deliveries were made promptly.
- Communicated with dispatch and notified other drivers of any potential delays.
- Ensured that delivery vehicles were properly maintained and received any repairs necessary.
- Provided best possible customer service and ensured that people were satisfied with the speed and service provided with each delivery.
|Delivery Dispatcher, Juniorâ€™s Pizza and Italian Meals||2007-2008|
|Communicated with delivery drivers and helped chart routes. Assigned deliveries properly based on driver position, personality, and suitability for the task at hand. Received customer communications, took payment, and communicated with customers by phone.|
- Served as primary point of contact for all customer calls.
- Remained knowledgeable of detour necessities and delivery routes, adjusting assignments as needed.
- Managed payroll software for employees and ensured that all tips and fees were calculated properly.
|EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT|
|High School Diploma, Gary Arneson Memorial Academy|
Graduated with Honors
Participated in after-school Auto Mechanics Club