613 Chenoweth Drive
Nashville, TN 37211
Job Objective Hard-working, self-motivated and experienced Chief Editor seeking a full-time position with reputable organization. .
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in managing business publication and working across multiple industries
- Expertise in online publishing for vertical markets
- Operational knowledge of digital platforms and its associated procedures
- Ability to work under pressure and write a copy
- Ability to manage working of a new project
- Ability to participate in trade shows and related conferences
- Exceptional communication skills in both oral and written forms
- Work Experience
- Chief Editor, July 2007 â€“ Present
- BNP Media, Nashville, TN
- Coordinate with managing editor and determined content for each and every issue.
- Developed and researched new story ideas.
- Wrote all feature articles and monthly columns for publication.
- Assisted in performing research on industry reports and developed advertorials for departments.
- Managed all aspects of magazine production such as preparing editorial and providing customer services.
- Scheduled a budget for publication and ensured compliance to same.
- Coordinated with publisher and developed editorial calendar and developed strategies for generating revenue.
- Participated in various trade shows and conferences as required.
- Chief Editor, March 2004â€“ June 2007
- IQPC, Nashville, TN
- Developed content strategy for various community sites and industry portals.
- Managed a group of editors and monitored its everyday working.
- Monitored all content produced and ensured delivery within time frame and of highest quality.
- Coordinated with editors, prepared an editorial calendar and developed schedule according to company objectives.
- Designed various advertising strategies to provide support to content team.
- Hired and trained editors as required.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Journalism, Grambling State University, Grambling, LA