603 Bartlett Avenue
Southfield, MI 48235
Job Objective Searching for a position in which to utilize my skills and training as Copy Editor to their fullest.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in writing, editing and managing high-quality written
- Working knowledge of standard style guides (AP)
- Outstanding knowledge of research methods and techniques
- Wide knowledge of publishing functions, process, and formats
- Familiarity with journalistic research, methods and techniques
- Ability to understand applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Proficient with MS Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent line editing, copyediting and proofreading skills
- Work Experience
- Copy Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Seminole Tribe of Florida, Southfield, MI
- Wrote all materials for publication and evaluated it check for spellings and punctuations.
- Evaluated dates and facts in written materials using standard references.
- Monitored copies and at times modified it to ensure its compliance to publication standards and policies.
- Maintained copies for printer and market it appropriately for particular type set required.
- Streamlined edit copies and supplemented it with appropriate photographs and other illustrations.
- Developed page layout and prepared illustration according to space availability.
- Copy Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Marsh, Southfield, MI
- Edited and proof read all communications checked for spellings and syntax.
- Ensured compliance to Mercer editorial style and client requirement.
- Monitored copies to rewrite sentences when required to meet necessary standards.
- Managed all edit copies, marked copies with proof read marks and ensured changes in electronic formats.
- Coordinated with writers, copy editors and account managers and ensured client satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Otterbein College, Westerville, OH
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated