4291 Chandler Hollow Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Job Objective To be given the opportunity to use my past experiences and education as Design Editor to help company grow and meet long-term goals.
- Profound knowledge of photography and graphics
- Huge knowledge of mini column grids and points of entry
- Ability to understand newspaper designs and develop pages
- Ability to present information to reader visually
- Ability to write tightly focused, reader-friendly copy
- Proficiency in using designing software’s and Microsoft Office Applications
- Design Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Blank Slate Media LLC, Pittsburgh, PA
- Monitored all graphic elements of newspaper, ensured it completion on time and without errors.
- Maintained good communication channels between design desk and news.
- Designed pages and prepared final pagination.
- Trained junior staff in designing of pages.
- Produced all picture and graphic tags required for news and sports desk.
- Design Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Walt Disney, Pittsburgh, PA
- Organized news projects such as photo essays or articles written by one or more writers.
- Assisted editor in chief and hired employees for design desk.
- Trained all junior staff in designing pages and producing appropriate graphics.
- Scheduled weekly meetings with team to understand its requirement.
- Participated in all calendar and budget meetings of publication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, King’s College, Wilkes-Barre, PA