1301 Ottis Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Job Objective To obtain News Editor position with reputable company to enhance my career and help company excel.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in editorial, media and management
- Huge knowledge of online editorial and in daily publishing
- Familiarity with web content management system
- Proficient with image-editing software
- Good understanding of mainstream and mass news markets
- Ability to generate news leads, story ideas and content for all newscasts
- Ability to think quickly and outline creative ideas
- Superior leadership and editing skills
- Strong intuitive news gathering and reporting skills
- Work Experience
- News Editor, July 2007 – Present
- NBC Universal, Oklahoma City, OK
- Coordinated with editorial team and supervised refreshing homepage content.
- Supervised global editorial team and team of freelancers.
- Oversaw news coverage external competition and evaluated traffic patterns.
- Aided junior staff members and administered cross-vertical network packages.
- Corresponded with Chief Content Executive as well as proofed content as required.
- Recruited fresh talent and collaborated with a team.
- News Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Internet Broadcasting Systems Inc., Oklahoma City, OK
- Formulated materials for target audiences.
- Managed updating of website and uploaded online material.
- Maintained special sections of website and administered web projects.
- Organized live video events and assured accuracy of stories.
- Coordinated with TV station staff and motivated web users to watch the station.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Saint Augustine’s College, Raleigh, NC