2763 Oakridge Farm Lane
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Job Objective To be given the opportunity to use my past experiences and education as Science Editor to help company grow and meet long-term goals.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience with science copyediting
- Expertise in developing and proofing science curriculum materials
- Deep knowledge of AMA Manual of Style and science content
- Proficient with MS Office Applications, Adobe Acrobat, and Web-based resources
- Familiarity with science textbook contents
- Good understanding of style guides, writing conventions, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to interpret detailed instructions and maintain confidentiality
- Solid writing and editing skills
- Work Experience
- Science Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Milwaukee, WI
- Edited and proofed bioscience curricula.
- Annotated advertising copy, textbooks, bulletins and manuals.
- Formulated for quality and compliance with applicable standards.
- Researched and reviewed as well as altered the materials.
- Science Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Victory Productions, Milwaukee, WI
- Proofed copy for grammar, style and readability.
- Checked the medical text for accuracy of facts.
- Scrutinized jobs multiple times during all stages.
- Reviewed pieces and references for FDA submission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Publishing, Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA
- Master’s Degree in Publishing, Millersville University, Millersville, PA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated