2344 Earnhardt Drive
Louisville, KY 40299
Job Objective Seeking the opportunity to fill TV News Editor position with reputable, growing organization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience with television content and production tape editing
- Wide knowledge about television news editorial, media and management
- Steep knowledge of business and international news and grasp of post room production
- Deep knowledge of electronic non-linear edit systems
- Solid understanding of TV News editorial standards
- Proficient with Avid Newscutter, Avid INEWS, Interplay, Capture Manger and SGL
- Ability to edit visual elements so that the video effectively tells the story
- Ability to present content and ideas in a clear, concise and organized manner
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Work Experience
- TV News Editor, July 2007 – Present
- WUSA-TV, Louisville, KY
- Handled primary reporting by phone and formulated bureau and field reports.
- Managed breaking news and scooped big stories.
- Reviewed and reported on live news events.
- Coordinated with news sources and reporters.
- Corresponded with show producers and acted as editorial tripwire.
- TV News Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Cox Media Group, Inc, Louisville, KY
- Coordinated with outside news agencies, police and fire departments to gather fresh news.
- Outlined and set up news stories for Digital Correspondents.
- Formulated daily rundown of news stories.
- Drafted and posted news stories to the website.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated