3461 Colonial Drive
Houston, TX 77032
Job Objective Looking for work as Academic Librarian where I can exercise my experience and skills.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in academic library management and delivery of academic resource services
- Immense knowledge of manuscript and book history research and library instruction
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office, integrated library systems and databases
- Familiarity withfamous authors’ literary work, subject titles and social media
- Ability to develop and maintain collection of library books and resources
- Ability to interact with coworkers, faculty and students in a helpful manner
East Georgia State College
August 2012 – Present
- Obtained, cataloged, stored, and issued books, magazines, journals and other publications to academic library patrons.
- Prepared literary bibliographies and created appropriate library instructional content and web pages.
- Planned and conducted library instruction sessions and activities, as needed.
- Received, reviewed, and resolved information requests of patrons by providing reference services and information resources.
- Prepared, monitored, and managed academic library budget.
- Developed and maintainedprofessional relationships with publishing companies.
Georgia Perimeter College
May 2009 – July 2012
- Developed, catalogued, maintained, and updated library collection and information resources in all formats.
- Produced and used academic bibliographies and library guides.
- Developed, implemented, and communicated library policies and procedures.
- Advised and assisted library users and students in using databases, printed resources and the internet for literary research.
- Established and maintained positive working relationships with library staff, faculty, and suppliers.
- Attended and took part in staff-development programs and industry-wide conferences.
Master’s Degree in Library Science
Saint John’s Seminary College, Camarillo, CA