598 Armbrester Drive
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Job Objective To use my abilities and skills and gain employment as Film Librarian.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Highly experienced in development, management, maintenance and retrieval of library film collections
- Profound knowledge of filing, cataloging and archiving of medical films and imaging records
- Outstanding knowledge of medical terminology and applicable HIPAA regulations
- Familiarity with using hospital information system, MS Office and phone etiquette
- Ability to communicate with hospital employees and public in a positive manner
- Ability to interpret and adhere to all departmental policies and library guidelines
Carolinas HealthCare System
August 2012 – Present
- Received, filed and stored all medical films and imaging records.
- Handled and responded to all incoming phone calls in a prompt and polite manner.
- Located, retrieved and prepared all medical films in soft copy and hardcopy formats, as requested.
- Obtained and delivered all medical information and records on a timely basis.
- Managed all medical images and processed all imaging record requests according to department standards and policies.
- Developed and maintained positive working relationships with radiologists and other employees of the organization.
Virginia Hospital Center
May 2009 – July 2012
- Developed, implemented and utilized various health record indexes, and storage and retrieval systems.
- Filed, catalogued, preserved and retrieved medical films and imaging recordsin a document and CD formats.
- Evaluated film collections and ensured theircorrectness, completeness, and compliance with regulations.
- Detected and corrected inconsistencies, and errors in medical documentation.
- Ensured confidentiality of imaging records of library and maintained their security.
- Answered and interacted with all patients, staff and medical personnel, in a pleasant and helpful manner.
Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science
Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY