2117 Clifford Street
Oakland, CA 94607
Job Objective To work as Music Professor and contribute towards the success of students.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Wide experience in teaching music courses
- Sound knowledge of jazz history, performance and improvisation
- Deep knowledge of instructional techniques
- Proficient with Kodaly techniques
- Familiarity with music history, theory, appreciation and choral conducting
- Ability to teach students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to provide career guidance to students
- Ability to manage workload and adhere to class schedules
East Central University, Oakland, CA
August 2007 – Present
- Provided lectures on fundamentals of music.
- Assisted in development of course curriculum.
- Reviewed and revised course programs.
- Evaluated student’s assignments and tests.
- Worked with other faculty to prepare course contents.
- Developed instructional materials for students.
- Recommended improvements to course syllabus.
Baltimore City Community College, Oakland, CA
May 2004 – July 2007
- Conducted and graded student examinations.
- Maintained student’s progress and attendance reports.
- Conducted master classes and workshops for students.
- Involved students in music concerts and competitions.
- Assisted in student audition and admission procedures.
- Provided support to students with special learning needs.
- Participated in campus events and faculty meetings.
PhD in Music Education
Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ
Master’s Degree in Music Education
Imperial Valley College, Imperial, CA