1656 Stratford Court
Durham, NC 27701
Job Objective To be given an opportunity in your organization to exhibit my skills and my knowledge as Paraprofessional Tutor.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in paraprofessional tutoring activities
- Sound knowledge of instructional techniques
- Familiarity with student learning styles
- Skilled in working with children diagnosed with ASD
- Ability to work in flexible schedules
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Ability to work with student from diverse cultures
Mount Wachusett Community College, Durham, NC
August 2007 – Present
- Worked with Director to achieve school visions
- Provided one-on-one or small group tutoring services.
- Monitored student’s progress on periodic basis.
- Maintained student’s attendance and assessment reports.
- Worked with Course Instructors to develop instructional strategies.
- Assisted students in learning laboratory activities
- Organized field trips and seminars for students.
- Performed basic administration duties when required.
Denver Public Schools, Durham, NC
May 2004 – July 2007
- Conducted student examinations and traded test papers.
- Enforced student disciplinary and behavioral standards.
- Developed lesson plans as per approved curriculum.
- Involved students in classroom discussions.
- Utilized computers and role-playing methods to teach subject matter to students.
- Discussed student’s performance with parents.
- Maintained confidentiality of all student information.
- Attended tutor training programs as directed by Manager.
Master’s Degree in Information Technology
El Camino College, Torrance, CA