1508 Blair Court
Kansas City, MO 64106
Job Objective To obtain a position in which my special skills as a City Traffic Engineer can be utilized to its fullest potential.
City Traffic Engineer, August 2005 – Present
City of Des Moines, Kansas City, MO
- Carried out engineering evaluation for complex traffic control devices and managed the transportation infrastructure projects.
- Executed varied transportation studies and coordinated with other divisions.
- Coordinated priorities for managing traffic control devices and interpreted applicable laws.
- Reviews private development submittals for compliance with state and local regulations and specifications.
- Formulated written correspondence and kept a track of changes in laws that effected departmental operations.
- Collaborated in interdisciplinary committees and commissions and represented the city.
City Traffic Engineer, May 2000 – July 2005
City of Irvine, Kansas City, MO
- Oversaw the work of City’s Traffic and Transportation Division.
- Formulated reports and corresponded with various parties.
- Represented Traffic and Transportation Department in public meetings and hearings.
- Coordinated with technical and supervisory staff in daily traffic and parking operations as well as in outlining of design plans and cost estimation.
- Managed future transportation requirements for the City.
- Advanced and enforced major roadway and traffic control projects as well as parking facility projects.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Licensed civil engineer with remarkable experience in design, construction and administration of traffic engineering projects
- Profound knowledge of practices of traffic engineering, project management, cost estimation, contract administration and legalities for public works engineering
- Deep knowledge of techniques used in municipal transportation facility, budgetary principles, standard office practices and project management
- Skilled in executing engineering analysis for complex traffic control devices
- Proficient with traffic analysis software – Synchro, SimTraffic, HCS+, AutoCAD, Microstation, SAS, and SPSS
- Amazing skill in reviewing plans, directing work of staff and formulate precise reports
- Superior skills in interpreting complex laws and researching grants as well as analyzing private development submittals
- Strong skills of formulating priorities handling traffic control devices
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated