1849 Viking Drive
Athens, OH 45701
Job Objective Experienced Disability Examiner seeking position with well-established business where my skills, training and experience can be of value.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of physical and mental disabilities
- Deep knowledge of the principles of case history analysis
- In-depth knowledge of vocational, educational, and rehabilitation programs
- Ability to analyze and evaluate medical data
- Ability to evaluate the impact of physical and mental impairments
- Strong analytical skills and considerable expertise
Disability Examiner, August 2005 – Present
Dept of Social & Rehab Svcs, Athens, OH
- Analyzed medical records and other proof of a disability to make a determination of whether or not the claimant actually fits the description of being disabled.
- Utilized the claimant’s medical records and other evidence of work history and disability status to make these determinations.
Disability Examiner, May 2000 – July 2005
Matrix Absence Management, Athens, OH
- Determined if additional medical data is needed and made arrangements for special examinations by medical specialists.
- Supervised and trained agency staff on better ways to develop and maintain social case histories, case summaries, case records and correspondence.
- Developed written determination summarizing findings and provided rationale for eligibility decisions.
- Contacted physicians, hospitals work establishments, claimants and other sources by telephone to collect necessary data as needed.
- Provided expert testimony and representation in hearings and appeals.
- Performed field visits to collect supplemental information.
Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy, Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA