1585 Hillhaven Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Job Objective Seeking a Head Baker position that offers an immediate challenge, career opportunity and advancement.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in recruitment, training and direction of bakery staff
- Profound knowledge of making various bakery items such as pastry and breads
- Outstanding knowledge of food hygiene, HACCP programs, and safety standards
- Familiarity with inventory ordering and food cost management practices
- Ability to understand and follow each product recipe, correctly
- Ability to discipline, mentor, and encourage all assigned staff members, efficiently
Omni Hotels, Los Angeles, CA
August 2012 – Present
- Hired, trained, and supervised all assigned bakery staff members.
- Prepared and baked a variety of bakery products, according to given recipes.
- Stored, labeled, dated, and rotated all raw ingredients and final products.
- Cleaned and maintained the kitchen area, dishes, and bakery equipments.
- Ordered and maintained the inventory-level of all daily supplies, as needed.
- Maintained budget and controlled all expenses related to labor and food costs.
Beau Rivage Resort and Casino, Los Angeles, CA
May 2009 – July 2012
- Prepared, baked, and presented high quality bakery goods, efficiently.
- Followed all baking schedules and produced all baked items, in a timely manner.
- Recruited, trained, managed, and directed the assigned bakery staff, as required.
- Detected and reported all workplace incidents and safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Received and responded to customer comments and complaints, in an effective and prompt manner.
- Interpreted and adhered to established food hygiene, licensing, and safety standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in Bakery Science
Taylor University, Upland, IN