What do Head Waiters do? How are their duties different from those of waiters? The similarities are very close but the difference is striking. However, in writing a Head Waiter CV, there is not much difference. Only, in the presentation of skills and duties, there should be a distinction in a way that skills should be a step higher and deeper than a plain waiterâ€™s skills. Since you are the Head Waiter, show some management and supervision skills. Include duties that imply responsibility and accountability on your part. One effective way to write a Head Waiter CV that will readily show these skills is by way of the Objective section. The good thing about this section is you can discuss your goals for the company and at the same time, show what you can offer to achieve these goals. Look at the sample below.
|Ap #510-4368 Mauris Road, St. Ives, Huntingdonshire, P53 7UV|
|Tel: â€“ 01978 936000|
Date of Birth: â€“ 08/04/90
Nationality: â€“ British
|My primary objective as a Head Waiter is to ensure prompt and courteous service to the customers and make them feel special and important. I can fulfill this by seeing to it that every customerâ€™s needs and requests are attended. I will conceptualize strategies and techniques to speed up order time and avoid long queues. I will also introduce practical, yet effective steps in order taking to avoid mistakes and duplicities. Moreover, I will see to it that the surrounding is clean and that proper hygiene and sanitation is observed at all times in compliance to governmental rules and regulations.|
- Substantial experience in supervising work of all waiters and maintain quality of working in restaurant
- Sound knowledge of all food and wine available in restaurant
- Profound knowledge of various Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to maintain optimal standard of service at all times
- Ability to assist restaurant manager in everyday working of restaurant
- Familiarity of various health and safety regulations
|RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE|
|Head Waiter|| Prestonfield House Hotel â€“ Dalkeith||2012 to Till Date|
- Coordinated with restaurant manager and performed all service as per requirement.
- Assisted all restaurant managers and organized various events to keep up the morale.
- Evaluated the wine list and provided consultation in pairing to all clients.
- Maintained a neat and clean restaurant area at all times.
- Ensured compliance to all fire regulations and hygiene level required in the restaurant.
- Provided training to junior staff members in coordination with manager.
|Head Waiter||The Lanesborough â€“ South West London||2011 to 2012|
- Evaluated performance of all waiters and prepared reports for management.
- Communicated with guests on regular basis and ensured that they are satisfied.
- Identified all demanding guests and informed restaurant manager for the same.
- Served all food and beverage as per hotel standards and within the required time.
- Provided all customers efficient service at all times and cooperated with staff members for same.
- Provided quality training as per the required service standards.
|BA (Hons) in Hospitality Management|
The University of Bolton â€“ Bolton
2008 to 2011
|A-levels: English Language,Business Studies, History, Economics|
Runshaw College â€“ Leyland
2006 to 2008
|GCSEs: English Language, Business Studies, History|
Stoke Newington School and Sixth Form â€“ Hackney
2001 to 2006