Monroe, NY 10950
Job Objective To obtain a Blood Bank Phlebotomist position that fully utilizes my experience and abilities.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of blood collection, typing, and storage in a blood bank
- Sound knowledge of blood collection methods like venipunctures and finger sticks
- Commendable knowledge of specimen preparation and blood irradiation procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint programs
- Ability to conduct medical interviews and select eligible blood donors
- Ability to manage and finish all assigned tasks, in a timely manner
Blood Bank Phlebotomist
St. Vincent Medical Center, Monroe, NY
August 2012 – Present
- Received and responded to query calls from blood donors and laboratory technologists.
- Oversaw and assisted in management of donor room staffing activities, if needed.
- Interviewed potential donors and determined their eligibility, in an efficient manner.
- Registered all eligible donors and reviewed their medical history information.
- Obtained blood units from donors and followed sterile blood collection procedures.
- Identified various blood antibodies and performed antigen typing of all donors’ blood.
- Cross-matched, thawed and delivered appropriate blood products for transfusion process.
- Used computer to perform data entry and prepared all needed reports.
- Monitored and maintained the inventory-level and quality of all reagents, equipments, and related supplies.
- Maintained and provided all safe and infection-free blood units and products.
- Interpreted and complied with policies and guidelines of AABB, as applicable.
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology
Macalester College, Saint Paul, MN