860 Hazelwood Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309
Job Objective Seeking an exciting and challenging position as a Community Health Educator in a company where my skills and knowledge can be used to the fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience in monitoring behaviour change and providing education within community
- Thorough knowledge of complex care management processes
- Exceptional knowledge of nation, state and local health resources
- Familiarity with community health, community resources, and social service agencies
- Ability to communicate with large number of audiences and different settings
- Ability to design and implement various community health programs
- Solid understanding of HIPAA standards and regulations
Community Health Educator
Mercy Hospital Bakersfield, Des Moines, IA
August 2012 – Present
- Participated in site staff meetings and provided update as per requirement.
- Prepared and submit required grant data and appropriate medical records for activities.
- Administered family planning services and provided education to clients.
- Performed appraisal for staff members and provided required and relevant information.
- Ensued compliance to organization policies and procedures for department.
- Planned various programs for fairs, seminars and other related training programs.
Community Health Educator
Erie Family Health Center, Des Moines, IA
May 2009 – July 2012
- Developed and participated in education programs for pregnancy deliverables.
- Participated in various staff and department meetings as per schedule.
- Prepared and delivered education sessions for community members as per requirement.
- Maintained knowledge of customer requirements and developed products and services accordingly.
- Analysed processes and identified appropriate issues and provided resolution.
- Implemented appropriate prevention curriculum for various education processes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ
Sample Health Educator Resume
1234 Main Court
Objective Seeking the position as a health educator.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of health care terms and medications
- Ability to handle critical tasks
- Ability to teach physical exercises and nutrition
- Training and workshop facilitation
- Fluent in English, French and Spanish
- Health Educator and Researcher, 2007 to present
- Acadian Ambulance Service, Inc., CA
- Conducted special courses of instruction and published printed materials regarding substance abuse, safety, nutrition and high blood pressure.
- Conducted community surveys and reported to the seniors.
- Developed and implemented strategies to reach public health and community partners through community education and outreach.
- Supervise field placement students.
- Provide all Health Education requirements to a group of villages.
- Health Educator, 2004 to 2007
- ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc., CA
- Maintain the complete records of patient, improving condition and care.
- Conducted individual counseling sessions and group workshops to improve health behavior.
- Helped the patients to improve their health and fitness.
- Provided community nursing care to the patients and clients.
BA.., Anthropology, 2003
University of California-Berkeley