2968 James Avenue
Lyons, NY 14489
Job Objective Career-minded Oncology Phlebotomist in search of position with company where my skills and abilities can be used to their fullest potential.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience of performing phlebotomies and port access functions in Oncology department
- In-depth knowledge of various phlebotomy techniques and clinical laboratory practices
- Operational knowledge of using Windows OS, email, and EMR system
- Familiarity with procedures for insertion and removal of port access devices
- Ability to communicate with doctors, medical staff, and patients, in a polite manner
- Ability to deliver age-appropriate care to all patients undergoing phlebotomy
Allegheny Clinic, Lyons, NY
August 2012 – Present
- Received and responded to incoming phone calls, in a prompt and polite manner.
- Registered oncology patients and scheduled their appointments for phlebotomy procedures.
- Validated patient information and conducted patient identification procedures, prior to procedure.
- Reviewed and completed all specimen requisitions and test orders, in a timely fashion.
- Labeled, packaged, and transported all specimens collected from oncology patients, as requested.
- Authored and submitted all complete and accurate work-related reports, on time.
- Observed and evaluated patient reactions to specimen collection and maintained their safety.
- Ordered, monitored, and maintained the stock level of all phlebotomy equipments and supplies.
- Conducted and documented all quality control inspections, as assigned.
- Interpreted and followed CLIA guidelines for clinical testing.
- Built and maintained strong professional relationships with physicians, laboratory personnel, and nursing staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science
Cedarville University, Cedarville, OH
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated