207 Lucy Lane
Brazil, IN 47834
Job Objective To obtain the position of WIC Nutritionist where I can enhance my skills and contribute to the growth and development of the organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience of providing nutritional assessment, counseling and instruction to patients of WIC clinic
- In-depth knowledge of food and nutrition practices of different cultures and ethic groups
- Exceptional knowledge of food components, standard human nutrition, nutritional risks and health impacts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Windows OS, internet and department’s proprietary software
- Ability to direct, mentor and manage assigned WIC staff members, efficiently
- Ability to interact with persons belonging to diverse educational, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, positively
Erie Family Health Center, Brazil, IN
August 2012 – Present
- Conducted initial screening of patients,for admission to WIC programs.
- Collected blood samples and performed anthropometric measurements.
- Provided nutritional care, guidance and information to WIC participants.
- Assessedclients’ diet plans and nutritional risks faced by those clients.
- Planned, formulated and implemented department-wide Nutrition Educational plan and WIC operations.
- Created, updated and maintained correct and current WIC records and reports, in a timely manner.
- Took part in training programs, community outreach activities, seminars, and workshops, as required.
North Hudson Community Action Corporation, Brazil, IN
May 2009 – July 2012
- Conducted interviews of patients andgathered information regarding their eating habits and nutritional issues.
- Evaluated nutritional needs, dietary intake and health status of WIC participants.
- Developed customized nutrition care plan, diet plan and nutrition objectives, for each patient.
- Informed and advised WIC patients about relevant nutrition and nutritional practices.
- Offered WIC food coupons, WIC-approved food packages, and other WIC benefits to clients.
- Attended health fairs and community events, and made appropriate presentations to audience, as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition
Jefferson College, Hillsboro, MO