4771 Green Avenue
Oakland, CA 94612
Objective Searching for an opportunity to work for well-established company where my skills and training as a Tile Installer will be put to good use.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in installing various types of tiles
- Sound knowledge of the materials and tools involved in constructing and repairing houses and highways
- Wide knowledge of safety procedures while performing installation tasks
- Ability to work swiftly with the hands and complete the project on time
- Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work for long hours and able to lift heavy objects
Tile Installer, April 2008 – Till Date
CGM Tile & Stone, Inc,Oakland, CA
- Installed acoustical tiles and other shock absorbing materials to the ceiling and walls.
- Prepared the room to install tiles by washing the surface with a zinc sulfate solution, to increase the adhesive qualities of the wall.
- Inspected the layout of the earlier tiles and aligned the new tiles in accordance to same by applying cement and pressing it.
- Administered the joints between the ceiling wall and tiles by using various screw molds.
- Adjusted the tiles in the corners and borders by cutting the tiles using various tools such as keyhole saws.
Tile Installer, January 2004 – March 2008
REW Corp, Oakland, CA
- Planned the location of hallways in the room and then assembled the metal channels to install the various ceiling and floor frames.
- Installed acoustical tiles and other shock absorbing materials to the ceiling and walls to help decorate the room or reduce any sound.
- Monitored the new tiles layout in accordance to the old layout by fixing the tiles on the wall with the help of cement.
- Coordinated with the drywalls contractors to provide finishing by covering the seams.
- Installed various decorative materials and metal frameworks for the vents, doors and windows.
High School Diploma, Fullerton Union High School, Fullerton, CA