2100 Clifford Street
Hayward, CA 94545
Job Objective Seeking to work as Museum Interpreter for the right company where I can provide excellent service to the customers.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience of information interpretation and communication in a museum setting
- In-depth knowledge of natural history, human evolution and cultural history
- Remarkable knowledge of handling and maintenance of museum artifacts
- Familiarity with museum practices and coordination of museum tours
- Ability to prepare and deliver floor programs and scripted presentations to varied audiences
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with museum staff and volunteers
Fort William Henry Corporation, Lake George, NY
August 2012 – Present
- Developed and delivered interpretative programs, tours and science demonstrations for museum visitors.
- Interpreted and rendered accurate and engaging historical information to museum visitors.
- Oversaw and maintained proper functioning of all exhibits and lighting in museum gallery.
- Provided high quality interpretation services to museum visitors and interacted with them in a friendly manner.
- Monitored museum artifacts and exhibit spaces and maintained their security.
- Trained and directed part-time staff and volunteers of all ages and backgrounds.
Museum of Science, Boston, MA
May 2009 – July 2012
- Researched, prepared, promoted and executed museum andexhibit programs.
- Designed and createdeffective props and teaching aids for museum presentations.
- Hired and supervised program volunteers, seasonal staff and interns.
- Greeted and interacted with museum and exhibit visitors, in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Conducted visitor surveys and managed post-event review, as required.
- Interpreted and followed museum’s regulations and safety practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in Museum Studies
Los Angeles Valley College, Valley Glen, CA
- 1File Count
- March 1, 2020Create Date
- March 1, 2020Last Updated