4738 Walkers Ridge Way
Wheeling, IL 60090
Job Objective Experienced Insurance Claims Investigator searching for the opportunity to enhance my skills while making positive contributions to company.
Insurance Claims Investigator, August 2005 – Present
Iowa Department of Administrative Services, Wheeling, IL
- Prepared an investigation report by analyzing written reports, contracts and public records.
- Assisted in the development, maintenance and implementation of accident reporting and complaint handling procedures.
- Conducted extensive field investigations of vehicle accidents involving agency vehicles and other accidents.
- Interviewed drivers, witnesses, investigating officers, tow truck operators and others.
- Analyzed accidents to determine cause and responsible party; checks road condition; condition of vehicles involved.
Insurance Claims Investigator, May 2000 – July 2005
Terrier Claims Service, Wheeling, IL
- Performed full field investigations related to insurance claims, scene investigations, recorded statements.
- Located for multi-lines of insurance, including worker’s compensation and general liability.
- Reviewed and analyzed of litigation file.
- Coordinated medical experts and witnesses for trial.
- Developed and maintained investigative reports.
- Managed case load and worked efficiently in the field.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in accident and Insurance claims
- In-depth knowledge of accident investigation procedures, practices and analysis
- Exceptional knowledge of the policies, procedures, practices and laws applicable to the insurance claims investigation
- Familiar with methods of casualty insurance and the auto casualty claims adjustment process
- Extensive knowledge of the legal provisions concerning the collection and admission of evidence in court
- Ability to use investigative methods and techniques to specific situations
- Ability to analyze and record facts clearly and concisely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications – MS office, Excel and MS Access
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, North Greenville University, Tigerville, SC